Monday, December 20, 2010

Commentary on a Breakup

I guess everybody has to go through it at some point. There's the initial shock, the denial, the depression, and finally the acceptance. I'm not quite to acceptance yet. That's right, you know what I'm talking about...

A favorite band breaking up.

I guess it's not all over for Paramore yet... the Farro boys are just leaving. However, I can't see it going much further without them, and if it does it's just not gonna be the same. So I might as well mourn now.

You've been able to tell, I'm sure, that I am a big-time music person. I love the empathy you get from it. I love listening to a lyric and feeling as though someone opened up my soul and somehow spun my tangled up, wordless emotions into those words. Paramore was the beginning of that. Listening to Paramore was the first time I realized music had emotional value. Those lyrics still mean a lot to me. They connected me to people. And nothing could beat screaming them at the top of my lungs at Red Rocks last September. I'm so incredibly glad I got to experience that. Paramore's played into so many experiences I've had and shaped me in a lot of ways. I guess it's cheesy, but they'll always have a little red couch in my heart.

Thanks for the smiles, tears, and empathy. You'll be missed, Paramore.

"And if you have to go, I'll still wave goodbye, watching you shine bright..."

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment