Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Stargazing

I have to wonder
If I were to explode
In a supernova
Would the disturbance
Shake the earth
Or would
My light go on shining
For a myriad millenia
Thousands of lightyears away?

~~~~~~~~~~

I wrote this. I got the idea in Physics today when we were talking about how light from the stars takes so long to get all the way to us thousands of lightyears away that for all we know none of the stars we're gazing up at are actually there anymore or not. For all we know they've exploded. We just won't know about it until the light from their dying breath gets to us. I guess you could look at it two ways (the poem, I mean): it's either about leaving a legacy or about nobody even noticing you were gone if you were to disappear. I like leaving a legacy. It's happier. :)

Enjoy your day. Metaphors be with you.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment