Sunday, December 16, 2012

Super Cute

"By the way, you're super cute." 

When he walked by, we were sitting in the Burger King at the Little Rock airport, waiting (rather impatiently) for our chicken nuggets. He looked Rachel straight in the eye and complimented her. Making no further attempt at conversation, he simply picked up his bag and walked away, leaving my "super cute" best friend and I laughing in awkward bewilderment. 

Now there's usually nothing blogworthy about a compliment, I know, particularly not one from a random stranger. The more I sit and think about it, though, the more I appreciate this seemingly awkward guy's kindness. He wasn't hitting on us or gunning for a phone number-- if he had been, he would have stuck around for it. Nope. He just saw a cute girl and thought, "Hey. She is cute. I wonder if she knows. I think I'll tell her." End of story. 

Is there anything so rare as a pure, selfless, honest compliment? I mean, really. This man risked embarrassment purely to raise someone else's self esteem, with absolutely no payoff for himself.

Thank you, Awkward Compliment Man, for making our day. The world needs more people like you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment