Monday, April 1, 2013

She Gave Me Cooties

Wow. Three solid months with no bloggering whatsoever. I've reached a new level of slacking. I honestly do have a lot of blogworthy thoughts, and have every intention to blog, but taking seventeen hours is eating my time for lunch. One of these days I shall blog them all out.

In honor of April Fools Day, though, have a poem I had to write for my Brit Lit class. It's a parody of Lord Byron's "She Walks in Beauty," from the perspective of a six-year-old boy.

She Gave Me Cooties

She gave me cooties, like the bites
Of rabid dogs and poison snakes;
Her deadly kiss inspires a fright
Not all the world combined could take:
My will and testament I write
For fear that I may ne'er awake.

One foot the more, one trip the less,
And I would have my great escape, 
But as it were, I met distress.
She snagged my super-hero cape, 
And foul mission found success
Upon the gravel playground scape.

And on my cheek, at that high noon,
Met with this dread, diseased event, 
I knew I'd sing my final tune;
I knew my brief six years were spent.
Goodbye, cruel world, I leave too soon, 
A heart too young and innocent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment