Sunday, September 25, 2011

Good Grief, Melissa

So I've got this Bible.

I, of course, love the Bible because it's the Word of God. Duh. But I have a particular affinity for this one Bible. It's maroon bonded leather with my name in gold letters on the front cover, it's got a marvelous concordance, and best of all, it has these fantastically wide margins. I can write a whole paragraph next to a verse if I so desire (provided I write small... but you know me. I DO write paragraphs. Frequently). It's BEAUTIFUL. I love this Bible.

However, my lovely Bible is currently being repaired on the other side of the country because its binding broke.

SIGH.

I'm stuck with this old Bible I've had since about the fifth grade. The first page of Jeremiah is ripping out, and it has none of my notes in it. I've complained about it more than once in the last month.

And that makes me a rotten, terrible person.

Do you know how lucky I am to live in a day and age where the ENTIRE BIBLE is available all together? I can't imagine what the early church would have given for a bound book full of every inspired writing ever. Not only that, I can buy this book for five bucks at Walmart!! EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW TO GET TO HEAVEN!! FOR FIVE DOLLARS!!

I'm ridiculous. Thank you, Lord, for giving me access to Your Word so easily. It's a blessing I take for granted way too often.

...But if I can get my beautiful one back soon, that'd be cool. :)

1 comment: