Friday, September 9, 2011

Logophilia

I realized a few days ago that I don't love writing.

Well, rewind and rephrase. I do love writing. But all my life I thought that was the end all be all, and I just came to the conclusion that my core love is not of writing.

I LOVE WORDS.

I realized that nearly all of my earthly passions can be traced back to words. I love to spin words together into sentences when I write. I love reading the words that other people have written, whether they be poetry or prose. I love listening to music with lyrics that I identify with. I love quoting the words of people greater and wiser than me. I don't even care if the words are in English. I love Latin. Because it gives me better understanding of words.

So while I definitely love writing with every fiber of my being, that's just a symptom.

Don't you love it when you have this great realizations about the big picture of your life? Yeah. Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment