Saturday, November 13, 2010

My life! The real one!

...Haha... weren't expecting that, were ya? For real, I probably should be working on my novel, but I'm procrastinating a little bit. I have writer's block. So maybe writing aimlessly will free me up a little bit. So, here it is... you know the drill.

Cool God thoughts:
1. God didn't have to make us the way He made us. Me and my friend Lorel were talking about food the other day and I realized God could have made us so we all just plugged into the ground and recharged or something. But we get to EAT! And not only that, we get to LIKE eating!! Cool.
2. I've been meaning to put this on for a long time, but every one's a minister, because ministry has a ton to do with service. That's my Wednesday night class at church this quarter. I'm lovin' it.
3. Subcategory -- cool Heaven thoughts (a lot of this is speculation on my part... but it's cool speculation!).
~You know how on earth you click with some people ridiculously well, but then there are those other people whom you love just as much, but can't carry on a conversation with quite as easily? I bet in Heaven everybody clicks perfectly. Which is awesome.
~Past conflicts between people are gone in Heaven. Like you don't even remember they've ever happened.
~My grandpa is in Heaven right now, and he gets to hang out with Rachel's grandpa, and Laesha's grandpa, and Warren Wilcox, and Emmett Roberts, and Paul! All at the same time! (Do you think they have like "anniversary of coming to heaven" parties in Heaven? That'd be cool. Happy belated anniversary of going to Heaven, Grandpa. :') )
Yeah. I like Heaven. Excited to go there. :)

Things I did this week:
1. Tried out for my school musical (and made it into chorus!)... but I'm having doubts as to whether I'm actually going to stay. Some of the jokes are extremely bawdy and I'm not comfortable with it. (And if you go to my school, NO, this has NOTHING to do with the casting. They can cast it however they like. This is purely based on my convictions.) They're still cleaning it up though, so I'm not quitting just yet. I'll stick around to see how much better it gets and we'll go from there.
2. I'm up to about 14,000 words on my novel... HOLY COW! I think this is the longest thing I've ever written and I've only been working on it for a week today. Wow. I'm really loving it... it's cathartic. The NaNoWriMo website calls it "thirty days and thirty nights of literary abandon"... I like literary abandon. It's a fun place to be. :) Again, if there are plot discrepancies and they're confusing you... sorry. Also, if the name "Henry" popped up anywhere in the last chapter... I meant Patrick. He was originally Henry but I changed his name. I think I caught 'em all but if I didn't, yeah. It's Patrick.
3. Somehow I misplaced a $15 iTunes giftcard... sigh. The days of frivolous whim-based music buying are over until Christmas.
4. Had a dream about an old friend from elementary/middle school last night-- I need to call you Katherine!! (I don't know if you actually read this or not, but that's ok.)
5. FINISHED MY TERM PAPER ROUGH DRAFT!!! It was quite the undertaking, too. I'm nervous... my teacher is a tough grader.
6. Got my two of my besties back from Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and wherever else in the world they were... I take my girls for granted! Hol and Aimee... I love you. And I'm glad you're back. :)
7. Rediscovered iPhone Bananagrams... fun stuff. What a fantastic waste of time. :)
8. It SNOWED!! And I watched it snow!!! I love snow.
9. I turned my clock back and got an extra hour of sleep... and the benefits end there. I hate being off Daylight Savings time. Hate it. Yesterday I got home at about 5:30 and it was dark. Boo. Boo on Daylight Throwing-Away time.
10. I saw a CHIK-FIL-A COMMERCIAL!! I've never seen one of those before in my life.
11. Oh! I discussed Scarlet Letter in English... aaah! I love that book. Unlike everybody else, I liked Dimmesdale... what do you think? (Yes, Aimee, I am talking to you. Because no one else has read this book. Hehe.)
12. I watched "Avalon High" on Disney Channel last night, and was severely disappointed. It's based on a book and they completely changed the ending, and it was so clever in the book! They made it all "preteenish"... oh well. I'm slowly losing my Disney Channel love.

Things I still need to do in the near future:
1. Two physics labs (well, I've done about half of both of them... so one physics lab?)
2. An article for CFYC
3. Start working on a persuasive speech for Friday... my argument is that music stimulates brain activity, hence helping you study. I am living proof of this argument. :)
4. Start working on the Kite Runner... I still haven't started. What a bad book club leader I am.

Random things you probably could care less that you now know about me:
1. I kinda love awesome socks. Plain white socks are desperately depressing. I'm currently wearing a Buzz Lightyear sock on one foot and a Rex the dinosaur sock on the other. So they're friends. But on my feet.
2. I have a weakness for Chewy Chips Ahoy. It's bad. Two of them have 180 calories, and I have THREE just about every day. And I wonder why I'm gaining weight.
3. I love taking long walks. They help me sort things out or just relax. The other day I discovered I can walk all the way to the park about a mile away from my house without even getting tired. I'm kinda really sad the weather is getting cold because now it's harder to take walks.
4. In my house there's this spot on the rightmost cushion of our couch. It's the comfiest part of the couch and has the best view of the TV and the closest proximity to the outlet where I have to charge my laptop. And it's DAD'S SPOT. I never get to sit in Dad's spot. Sigh. Well, I say never... actually I'm sitting in it right now, 'cause he's upstairs. I'm such a rebel.
5. I type a lot slower when I'm cold. So this cold front is not helping my novel-writing pursuits.

Thoughts of the week:
1. People need to learn to show some respect for other people's feelings, in both directions. (And if you don't know what I'm talking about, that's ok. If you're supposed to, then I can guarantee you do.)
2. The most entertaining part of the GA/Auburn football game is the Pirates of the Caribbean/Star Wars music. (No, I am not directly watching the game. If I were, you would know, because the world would be coming to an end as we speak. I can just hear it from the other room. I am, however, going to move into that room because my laptop is about to die and I need to plug it in.)
3. Christmas comes AFTER Thanksgiving. Santa comes at the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and then it is the Christmas season. That means the Christmas commercials should come on AFTER Thanksgiving and decorations should come up AFTER Thanksgiving. I'm looking at you, shopping center by my house. Christmas decorations up by November 1st. Good grief.
4. Some people get very worked up over nothing at all... and that's all I'm gonna say.


Songs of the Week:
1. "Taking the World On" by Meese-- I don't necessarily relate to the lyrics, but they're just so beautiful. "It's like one voice in the choir buried by the rest..." Sigh. I'm sad I didn't get into this band before they broke up.
2. "Breakeven" by the Script-- I like it all except for the "prayin' to a God that I don't believe in" part. Because I definitely believe in God. So I change it to "hangin' on a hope that I don't believe in." And then it's a good song!
3. "November Blue" by the Avett Brothers-- I bought the live version. And it's gorgeous. Yup.

Alright, my novel is calling, whether I know where it's going or not. At 2000 words a day, I can't afford to get behind. Thanks for checkin'.

2 comments:

  1. I love Dimmesdale!! And hate him too. It's a conflicting feeling. But I think he's my favorite character if not Hester. If he'd gotten his act together sooner I'd love love him. And me and Hol missed you too. A lot. It's good to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're hilarious. Love ya bunches.
    BTW, if CFYC gets to be a chore you dread, let me know. You know I absolutely love posting your articles... So the very last thing I want is for you to start dreading writing them so that you never want to do it again. You have a gift, girly, and I want to see it nourished, not burdened with stress. :o)

    ReplyDelete