Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Trip 'Round the Sun

Well hey there, 2011. I'm Melissa. Pleased to make your acquaintance.

I love the fresh excitement that comes with a new year. You're all full of lofty goals and determination to complete them. You've got a renewed zeal for life. You've got a clean slate. Who cares what happened in 2010? You don't have to let anything in the past define you anymore. This year is new. All you've done so far is pray, sleep, and take a shower. So far so good. I think that's why people started celebrating a new year in the first place. The opportunity, the optimism, the enthusiasm is something worth celebrating.

This year, I'm going to pray every day. I'm going to read my Bible everyday and study it in depth three times a week. (Maybe that's not enough, but I have to start somewhere, and I'm bad about studying.) I'm going to keep not drinking pop. I'm going to make my CFYC deadlines (at least most of the time). I'm going to post on Christ Crossed My Heart more often. I'm going to work on a book I want to have published to help girls grow in their relationships with God. I'm going to attempt to get more in shape. I'm going to finish last year's NaNo before November and complete this year's IN November before the time's up.

I'm going to be a better Christian. I'm going to be a better daughter and sister. I'm going to be a better friend. I'm going to be a better writer. I'm gonna be better.

Let's make this the best trip around the sun yet. Happy New Year, lovelies.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment