Friday, April 8, 2011

Annoying List Post #8

Hello, friends. You know the drill.

COOL GOD THOUGHTS:
-I've been studying Proverbs for the past week, and may I just say, it's awesome. I love the Bible. It's so awesome. :)
Anyways, the keywords I've found so far are "wisdom", "wicked", "righteous", "life", "understanding", "mouth", "LORD" (SEVENTY TIMES!!), "heart", "fool", and "knowledge". I haven't really determined a key verse... The way the book is structured I'm not sure there is one. However, there's a HUGE concentration of keywords all throughout Chapter 10. So I'm thinking that's significant.
-So I don't know why, but I never thought to ask God for help on tests. I feel like that should have crossed my mind before this week, but it really didn't. But I had a physics test I was worried about, so I prayed about it right before I took it. It's not even that I did a ton better than I normally do (got a B... not bad, but I kinda wanted better), but I wasn't nearly as stressed out while I was taking the test. Which is just oddly comforting to me.
-I've been thinking a lot lately about how it doesn't really matter what people think of you, even if they think good things about you. If everyone thinks you're really faithful or you're doing better than so-and-so or whatever, God judges you by the Book, not by other people. Something to think about.

RANDOM OCCURENCES:
-My bestie Holly is dating a boy. Ah! It's kinda surreal. The best part for me, however, is that I got pink cookies out of it. You know the ones from King Soopers? The delicious ones that are a hundred calories a piece? Yeah. Those cookies. I kinda bet her that they'd be together by the end of the school year... she gets a boy and I get cookies. Win win. :) :)
-Well, first week back... not as bad as expected, but I miss break! Two tests, two quizzes, and a four page paper due on Monday. (Well, I knew about the paper over break... but I didn't know it was due on Monday. Eh. It's a report. Not an essay, a report. We don't have to argue anything. I'm not sure I remember how to not argue anything in a paper.)
-Two days ago marked one month until my AP History test, and tomorrow marks one month until AP Physics... AAAHHHH!! Nah, it'll be okay. I'll survive.
-We put more music on my brother's iPod... he now likes the Beatles and the Avett Brothers. Ahahaha! I had already converted him to Paramore long ago. The boy is well-rounded like his sister. :)
-We read an excellent poem in English. And I'm going to post it now. :)

"George Gray" by Edgar Lee Masters
I have studied many times
The marble which was chiseled for me --
A boat with a furled sail at rest in a harbor.
In truth it pictures not my destination
But my life.
For love was offered me and I shrank from its disillusionment;
Sorrow knocked at my door, but I was afraid;
Ambition called to me, but I dreaded the chances.
Yet all the while I hungered for meaning in my life.
And now I know that we must lift the sail
And catch the winds of destiny
Wherever they drive the boat.
To put meaning in one's life may end in madness,
But life without meaning is the torture
Of restlessness and vague desire --
It is a boat longing for the sea and yet afraid.


Isn't that beautiful? I think so. In a tragic sort of way. But still beautiful. Taking risks is hard, but if you don't you'll never truly live.

THE LATEST TRAVESTIES:
-They finally cast Peeta and Gale in the Hunger Games movie... they're going to be Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth, respectively. The annoying kid from Bridge to Terabithia is playing my FAVORITE CHARACTER, and the male lead from the Miley Cyrus Nicholas Sparks movie is playing the tough guy. AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! This is right up there with Anne Hathaway being Catwoman. Right up there.
-Donald Trump is running for President. BA to the HA to the HA. Really? How humiliating would it be to say that Donald Trump was our president? I couldn't take him seriously! I mean he gets up for State of the Union and goes, "Members of the Congress... you're fired. You're all fired!" Hehehe. It's so hilariously laughable.

AND AN EXCITEMENT...
I'm really, extremely, massively, wildly, heart-about-to-beat-out-of-my-chest excited to go see the Avett Brothers three months from tomorrow.
Really.
I'm not actually going to post videos, because I would have to post way too many. But I'm going to start listing songs now.
Songs I will be devastated if they don't play:
-Living of Love (haha... like you needed me to tell you that)
-Paranoia in B Major (I adore this song live. It's lovely.)
-The Ballad of Love and Hate (Again... love it live)
-Standing with You (This isn't even on an album! I've only ever seen it on YouTube! They have lots of songs that aren't on albums, apparently, but this is my favorite.)
-Colorshow
-Pretty Girl at the Airport (this is old enough that I don't know that they'll play it... but I really hope they do, because it's stinkin' gorgeous.)
-All My Mistakes
-At the Beach (okay, here's my story about At the Beach... we were at Myrtle Beach in South Carolina for Fourth of July when I was eleven or so. You can buy, like, ANY kind of fireworks there. It was crazy. All the way down the beach as far as you could see in either direction all you could see was fireworks lighting up the sky. "Midnight at the shoreline, fireworks above us, they are screaming blue"... So yeah. That's why I love that song. Not sure why they would play it in a land-locked state, but you never know. Girl can dream.)
-St. Joseph's
-November Blue
-Anything Bob Crawford. I just love Bob Crawford songs.

There are several more that I love and hope they play... but I don't have the time or memory capacity to list them all. Whatever they play, though, I'll be happy. Twenty-some rows away from the Avett Brothers. I'm going to implode from excitement. The only one they really have to play for me is Living of Love. They really do have to play that one.

Allllright, loverlies. That's all I got. Thanks for listening to me ramble about nothing in particular. I just like clearin' out my brain, you know?

Much love.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment