Friday, October 7, 2011

Insert Horrid Poem Title Here

This will be an ugly poem.
There will be lines far too long to belong with all the rest,
Or too
Short,
Not to mention
Atrocious choices of enjamb
Ment. I will probably stretch
For wretched rhymes
That will fetch
And catch your attention.
I will most likely refer
To Homer's Aeneid,
Or attempt artistry by breaking
CAPITALIZATION RULES
and, utterly; abusing! punct'uation?
But somewhere towards the end,
I'll whisper you between my ugly lines,
And then they will be beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm incredibly proud of this poem. It's horrible, but it's horrible on purpose, so it's not really horrible at all. :) And it's funny and witty and then I even have some sentiment thrown in at the end. Yeah. I really like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment