Monday, November 14, 2011

Eight Musical Days a Week

You guys get a LIVE VIDEO this time. Aren't you excited? Because I am.



There is a long story as to why this is the song of the week.

There is this lovely film from... a long time ago starring Robert Preston and Shirley Jones called The Music Man. It is a musical. And it is hands down one of my favorite movies of all time. This song is originally from that musical.

Shirley Jones, who sang this song in The Music Man, also played the leading lady Laurey (WOW SAY THAT THREE TIMES FAST) in another film based upon a musical called Oklahoma! I happen to be in this musical as of Thursday. And I also happen to be Laurey. :) :) :)

Furthermore, on Thursday night I went to go see The Lion King. As in the stage play. Which is phenomenal and incredible and wonderful. And it also happens to be a musical.

So this has been a good week for musicals. And this song is from a musical. My favorite musical. And it's the Beatles! Yay. I love when my favorite things coincide.

No comments:

Post a Comment