Thursday, November 17, 2011

Haikus Don't Have Titles.

Lonely stars
Surrounded by silence
Wishing on us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like usual, my explanation of my poem is going to be longer than the actual poem.

First off, this doesn't have a title. Because haikus don't have titles. This bothers me. Because I love titling my poems. But anyways.
We started haiku in creative writing and so far this is the only one I've written that I really like.

Have you ever thought about what a bummer it would be to be a star? I mean, sure, you're gorgeous, but you're all alone all the time. There's nobody for hundreds of thousands of miles! But if you're a person you're surrounded by people most of the time and you have all this love and friendship. That's more magical than being pretty and mystical, I think. If I were a star I would totally wish on people.

Yup. Haiku.

No comments:

Post a Comment