Monday, February 7, 2011

From the Mouths of Muppets

There are precious few "pop culture" phenomena that I consider myself to be a major fan of. One is Charlie Brown. Another is the Muppets.

The Muppet Movie is one of my favorite movies of all time. I've had a hankering to watch it all week, but thanks to my term paper, I haven't had time. I guess blogging about it will have to suffice for now. I love a good lame joke-- and the Muppet Movie's chock full of them-- but what makes the Muppets truly wonderful (much like Charlie Brown) is the profound, beautiful wisdom tucked in between the hilarity. Something about the combination of corny and classic just strikes a chord with me.

I don't really have much more to say on the subject... the song's I'm posting speak for themselves. Here we go-- "The Rainbow Connection." Perhaps the most beautiful song of all time.



Yeah. That's gorgeous.

However, if that's not the most beautiful song of all time... this most definitely is. It just about brings me to tears.
I think here Gonzo perfectly illustrates the human condition. We're all longing for something. We all want to feel loved, to feel special, to feel like we're part of something more important than ourselves. And I've never heard more beautiful words to convey that idea. Ironic that a little blue weirdo from outer space would be the smartest of the bunch. :)




Yup. That's all for now.
Peace. Love. Muppets. :)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment