Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Geekiest Love Poem I Have Ever Read

This is not the nerdiest poem I have ever read, but it's by far the geekiest. I stumbled upon it. And fell in love with it.
Another thing you should know about me is that I love Mario. Especially MarioKart. I can bring it in MarioKart. The rest of my Mario prowess is not so great. But I still love it.
So this poem brings me great joy and elation. Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you "Peach" by Gabriel Gadfly.

If a little mushroom guy
told me you were in
another castle
...I'd go to another castle
and another
and another
until I found you.

You are a smiling star
that makes me feel
invincible,
and in any other poem
a sentiment like that
could choke an ox,
but in this one,
it's just awesome.

When I'm standing
next to you
you could tell me
the bushes and the clouds
are the same,
and I wouldn't bat an eye.

When I kiss you
I feel like I just picked up
one of those feathers
that turns into a cape
that lets me fly
way up into the sky
but if I get too far away
just shoot me down
a little bit
gently
not with one of those
angry bullet guys
but maybe with
a playful teasing jest
at my stature
or my mustache
and I'll come right back down.

You're the flag
at the top of my flagpole.

I guess what I'm saying is this:
if you got kidnapped
by some insane
fire-breathing turtle
dragon king,
he better watch his back,
cuz it's-a me, Mario,
and you're my peach,
princess.


Hehehe. This brings me joy. And much love. :)

<3

1 comment:

  1. is it ok if i can copy this and use it to charm someone to go out with me?

    ReplyDelete