Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Motown Thursday

In light of last night's American Idol theme, I feel the need to tell you something. Motown music makes me happy. :)

There's something about the good soul music that's kinda inexplicable. I cannot listen to Stevie Wonder or the Jackson 5 without smiling. I simply can't. I had a rotten day at school today, but I prayed about it, then came home and had cookies and listened to some Motown. All better! It's very simple and not incredibly deep, but it has such an exhilarating feel to it. And you just can't help but love it. :)

So here. Have some videos. You get to smile too.

I lllooooovvvveee Stevie. And this may be my favorite Stevie song. There are about three groups of people that can get away with a harmonica and not bother me: The Avett Brothers, The Beatles, and Stevie Wonder.


This is just one of those iconic classic songs that everybody knows. And everybody loves. All the normal people, anyway. Fontella Bass could belt out these notes like nobody's business.


What girl DOESN'T want somebody to sing this song about her? I've been in love with it ever since it was on a Little Debbie commercial when I was seven or eight. Oh for the days when mainstream music had class...


I'm no Michael Jackson fan, but I love the Jackson 5. Back when he was nine and still black and not a creeper he was precious!


And finally... this is just classic. 'Nough said.


Sigh. Ah music. It's lovely.

Much love.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment