Thursday, March 31, 2011

No Makeup March

... It's just about over. In less than twenty-four hours I can pick up the cover stick and paint over my imperfections to my heart's content.

I've got mixed emotions about the end. This year, I took it seriously. I mean, really seriously. Last year I was cheating right and left. This year, it didn't even seem like an issue. The last day of March kinda snuck up on me a little. I wasn't just dying to wear makeup this year.

And you know what?

I'm beautiful anyway. People even TOLD me so. But you know, even if they hadn't, I don't think I need the confirmation anymore. I'm being borderline conceited here, and that's not how I want to come across... it's not that I'm the prettiest human being on the planet and you should all bow down to me or something stupid. Not by a long shot. But I'm starting to figure out for myself, not just being told by someone else, that one: beauty comes from inside you. I could literally name you countless people I know who by the world's standards, aren't the prettiest of all people. But they're indescribably beautiful to me. Spiritually beautiful, yes, but physically too. Something about loving somebody just makes your eyes see things differently and literally see just how incredibly wonderful a person is, on the inside and on the outside. Two: God made me. And He doesn't make things that aren't beautiful.

Will I go right back to slathering cover stick over my zits? Probably. I hate my complexion at the moment. But this time around, it'll be for nobody but me. I have the confidence to look at the world and say that with or without makeup, I'm beautiful. And they can take it or leave it. :)

Yeah. That's my thought for the day. Ramble ramble ramble. Thanks for listening. :)

Much love.

<3

SIDE NOTE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE POST: My little brother just crashed on his bike. He cut up his face and elbows pretty bad. Poor kid has a friend over and everything. Prayers please. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment